Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Before and After's of the new HOUSE!

KITCHEN BEFORE
I have promised some pictures of the new house. I will add them as I get finished decorating. I will do before and after pictures. The above is of the kitchen before. Didnt do anything major to it because I love it as it is. I just got some red leather chairs for at the eat in area which I love and using my red elephant planters on the counters. ( o and got rid of the christmas decorations above the fridge and added the winerack)


I dont have a before picture. It was very purple. He chose the lilac room because it has a disco ball light and is exactly the same size as Isabella's.
I hate doing franchise type themed rooms but his Mario obsession got the better of me and I ordered some Mario bros decals to add on the wall and some Mario bros. sheets. He loves it of course and spend quite some time during the day in his room playing legos or drawing.
We like to sit at this table and build all types of Lego structures.


ISABELLA's ROOM BEFORE
ISABELLA'S ROOM AFTER
I have to admit that I had so much fun with this room. In real life the colors (lime green and turquoise blue) is absolutely delicious.
The quilt that I made for her when she was born was the inspiration of the room and starting point
I painted all the nursery furniture white ( as well as the outside rocker boat/table) because going through one brother as a crib, toddler bed and then a full size bed added some years to it and now it looks fresh and new.Above her bed I have black and white pictures of our family and also all the Oumas and oupas and Grandparents and some Aunts and cousins. I will add to that.
The tiebacks came all the way from my days on the farm when I started my first day of work. I just repainted them and they are lovely :)
Changing station
Story time and quiet time corner
Her quilt that started it all.
Will keep on adding as we get on.

No comments: